SET-1 | Para Medical
56. In “To ruminate and by such dreaming high; Is nearest unto heaven: quiet coves”; the word “ruminate” means
(A) To run
(B) To ignore
(C) To think deeply
(D) To walk slowly
57. In “go back to the slums and ghettos of our cities”, the word ghettos means
(A) slum area densely populated by an isolated community
(B) where shops are
(C) where rich people live
58. The suffix ‘-ic’ means
(A) full of
(C) belonging to
59. This means ‘diligent’
60. Which one is a noun ?
(B) equal to
61. In ‘a great many books’, ‘great’ is
62. The following punctuation is called an ellipsis
63. Which is a correctly spelled word ?
64. The word ‘Wunderkind’ means
(B) One who has been to many countries
(C) The other kind
65. ‘not only’ in a sentence is generally followed by
(A) not all
(C) but also
(B) not so much
(D) as well as
66. Which one means ‘one who believes easily’ ?
67. The young one of a deer is called
68. “A thing which is costly
(A) Golden elephant
(B) Black elephant
(C) Grey Elephant
(D) White elephant
69. This is not a synonym of “scanty”
to maintain” is called
70. This is not an antonym of ‘Ripe’
SET-2 | Para Medical
Directions (Q. 56-58) Answer these questions, after reading the following passage:
“I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed. “We hold these truths to be self-evident that all man are created equal”,”
56. Who spoke this?
(D) Martin Luther King
57. Which ‘nation’ he was talking about ?
58. In what context he was talking of “equality”?
(B) Having a mobile
(C) Skin colour
(D) Freedom from a foreign power
59. Who wrote “Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake” ?
(C) John Keats
60. “Four seasons fill the measure of the year. There are four seasons in the mind of man.” What are the four seasons of mind which the poet is talking about
(A) 4 different moods
(B) 4 stages of human
(C) 4 virtues
(D) 4 sins
61. Which word is spelled incorrectly?
62. Which word is spelled correctly?
63. Which sentence is written incorrectly as a wrong word is used ?
(A) Our principal is a good man.
(B) He has no principal in life.
(C) The lion is a beast of prey.
(D) I have no peace of mind.
Fill in the blank with the correct choice:
64. “An___man will do nothing.”
65. “To eat the humble pie” means
(A) To apologise
(B) To eat cheap sweet
(C) To eat less
(D) To eat more
66. The antonym of “Fickle” is
67. Which is not a synonym for “citadel” ?
(D) Large Kingdom
68. Which word describes movement of elephants ?
69. The place where “eagles” live is called
70. The young one of “goat” is called
SET-3 | Para Medical
56. In the story ‘The Necklace’ by Maupassant, the women characters are
(A) Mistress and servant
(C) Shopowner and employee
Which one has an adjective ?
(A) This is mine
(B) Is that yours ?
(C) I have found my box
(D) He said it was his
58. Which one is a common gender noun ?
59. The synonym of ‘Pique’ is
60. Which one is not a plural word?
61. Who is ‘Alice’ in ‘A Mad Tea Party’
(C) Queen’s friend
(D) Small girl
62. “We have seen the fort” is a sentence with which of the following tenses?
(A) Present perfect
(B) Present perfect continuous
(C) Simple present
(D) Past perfect
63. Which is the correctly spelled word?
64. Which verb has the same form in present, past and past participle ?
65. The prefix ‘hypo-‘ does not mean
(D) Before in time
66. Which is an incorrect sentence ?
(A) I’am afraid you must be mistaken
(B) I’am afraid you must be wrong
(C) I am writing to you to ask for your advice
(D) Their music is played all over the world
67. The one-word substitute for “Living both on land and in water” is
68. Which is the incorrectly spelled word?
69. In which sentence preposition of has been used correctly?
(A) We stayed in a village of Kent
(B) We stayed in one of the villages
(C) Over a thousand of people have died from smallpox
(D) The bicycle of Rahim was too big for me
70. The antonym of ‘Pillage’ is
SET-4 | Para Medical
56. Which the correct spelling
57. This word is incorrectly spelled
58. The correct synonym for “Tainted” is
59. The correct antonym for “Invective” is
60. The Greek prefix ‘amphi’ means
(B) On the same side
(D) On both sides.
61. Identify the correctly spelled word
62. Identify the incorrectly spelled word
63. The word ‘Heritage’ means
(A) Past incidents
(C) Hended down by tradition
64. ‘A mad tea party’ is taken from
(A) Alice in wonderland
(B) Vision for 2020
(C) A tryst with destiny
(D) The Necklace y
65. ‘Death be not proud, though some have called thee’ is a line from a poem written by-par |
(B) John Donne
66. In ‘He walked by’, ‘by’ is
67. In ‘The bridge is across the river’, ‘across’ is
68. In which sentence ‘far’ is used incorrectly?
(A) It is not far
(B) How far is it from Patna
(C) Singapore is far from London
(D) Oxford isn’t far from London
69. Which one is a correctly written sentence ?
(A) I woke up the next day feeling terribly
(B) In some places you feel like in a Jungle (C) We are not favourable to nuclear weapons
(D) She says that she feels trapped in the Job
70. Which one of the following has an Adverb phrase ?
A) They went round the garden
B) The captain of the ship was drowned
C) To err is human
D) Walking a mile early in the morning is a good exercise.
SET-5 | Para Medical
56. Who wrote ‘Alice in Wonderland’?
(A) Lewis Caroll
(B) Rabindranath Tagore
(C) D.H. Lawrence
(D) William Wordsworth
57. Which is a in correctly written sentence ?
(A) The cleaners are threatening to go on a strike
(B) The whole workforce is threatening to go on strike
(C) Next July I’m going to the USA to continue my study
(D) I am a student of Hunter College
58. Which one is a verb?
59. Identify the incorrect use of a proposition-
(A)die of disease
(B) die from overwork
(C) apply from a person
(D) call on a person
60. Identify the correctly spelt word
61. Identify the incorrectly spelt word
62. In which the punctuations have been used correctly?
(A) The sea, bleak, and limitless, rose higher; and Still on land was to be seen
(B) The sea; bleak, and limitless, rose higher; and still no land was to be seen
(C) The sea, bleak and limitless, rose higher, and still no land was to be seen
(D) The sea, bleak and limitless, rose higher; and still no land was to be seen
63. The word ‘Aqua’ of Latin origin means
64. This is not the synonym of ‘Vacant’
65. synonym of ‘Vice’ is
66. The antonym of ‘Wait’ is
67. The antonym of ‘Utility’ is
68. ‘Close by’ means
(C) shut down
D) to be sold
69. Which one means ‘arrive’ ?
(A) Turn over
(B) Turn up
(C) Turn in
(D) Turn off
70. In whose speech, the famous phrase ‘I have a dream’ was used ?
(C) Rajendra Prasad
(D) Martin Luther King