A word which expresses an action on state of being is called verb.
वह शब्द जिससे किसी कार्य के होने या करने का बोध हो उसे क्रिया Verb कहते हैं।
1. Amar teaches Hindi.
2. I love my mom.
3. She eats bread.
4. I joined the party.
5. Prity ate an apple.
6. She purchased a mobile.
7. I kissed her baby.
There mainly two kinds of Verb
1) Finite Verb
2) Non Finite Verb
Finite Verb – A word which change its form according to Subject aur Predicate is called Finite Verb.
वह Verb जो Subject और Tense के अनुसार अपना रूप बदल ले उसे Finite Verb कहते हैं।
1. Amar eats a mango.
2. Amar ate a mango.
3. Amar will eat a mango.
4. Amar has eaten a mango.
Non-Finite Verb – A word which do not change its form according to Subject or Predicate is called Non-Finite Verb.
वह Verb जो Subject और Tense के अनुसार अपना रूप ना बदले उसे Non-Finite Verb कहते हैं।
1. I like to eat a mango.
2. I liked to eat a mango.
3. I will like to eat a mango.
4. I have liked to eat a mango.
# Infinitive #
The Basic form of the verb is called Infinitive.
Verb के मूल रूप को Infinitive कहते हैं।
1. I need to run everyday.
2. I must run everyday.
3. I decided to stay here.
4. I wanted to go.
There are 2 kinds of Infinitive
1. To Infinitive – ( With To )
2. Bare Infinitive – ( Without To )
Uses of Infinitive
Infinitive का प्रयोग Sentence के Subject के रूप में करते हैं।
1. To sleep is good for health.
2. To help others is important.
3. To dance is his passion.
Infinitive का प्रयोग Sentence के Object के रूप में करते हैं।
1. I love to sleep.
2. I love to study.
3. I love to swim.
निम्नलिखित Verbs के साथ हमेशा To-Infinitive का प्रयोग करते हैं ।
Verbs followed by the Infinitive | ACE
Choose | Learn |Decide |Expect |Forget
Hate |Hope |Intend |Learn | Like |Love
Mean | Plan | Prefer | Remember | Want
Would | Agree | Promise | Refuse |Go
Threaten | Manage | Try | Attempt | Tend
Expect | Enable | Force | Allow |Offer |
Prepare | Pretend | Seem | Desire | Happen
Resolve | Pledge | Ask | Demand | Deserve
Make और Let के साथ Infinitive (without To) का प्रयोग करते हैं।
I make him cry.
She made me laugh.
Let me go.
Let him play.
Dare के साथ अगर HV आए तो To -Infinitive का प्रयोग करते हैं।
I didn’t dare to eat.
I don’t dare to go
Who will dare to come
Dare के साथ अगर HV ना आए तो Infinitive का प्रयोग करते हैं।
I dared disturb him
A Verb ending with (ing) and used as noun is called gerund.
वह Verb जो ( ing ) से खत्म हो और उसका प्रयोग Noun की तरह हो उसे Gerund कहते हैं।
1. Swimming is a good exercise.
2. Running is good for health.
3. Swimming is is good for health
4. Walking is a good exercise.
5. I like walking
6. I like swimming.
निम्नलिखित Verbs के साथ हमेशा Gerund का प्रयोग करते हैं ।
Acknowledge |Admit | Adore | Advise|
Anticipate | Avoid | Celebrate | Consider |
Defend | Defer | Delay |Deny | Detest |
Discuss | Dislike | Endure | Enjoy | Escape
Excuse | Face | Fancy | Finish | Forgive |
Give Up | Go | Imagine | Involve | Keep |
Keep On | Loathe | Mention | Mind | Miss
Need | Neglect | Omit | Postpone |
Practice | Prevent | Put Off | Quit | Recall |
Recollect | Recommend | Report | Resent |
Resist | Resume | Risk | Suggest | Tolerate
She admitted stealing the money.
I appreciate hearing from Amar.
She avoided answering my questions.
They delayed leaving for the airport.
He denied committing the crime.
We discussed buying a new car.
I dislike working on Sunday.
I enjoyed visiting my best friends.
I don’t feel like going out tonight.
I will never give up trying.
This job involves working with communities.
Would you mind helping me?
He practiced playing the guitar.
She quit trying.
He recommended watching this movie.
The verb ending with ( d, ed, en, n, t, ing ) and used as Adjective is called Participle.
I saw a dancing girl.
I saw a burning train.
She bought a broken chair.
I saw the risen sun.
He drank boiled water.
He saw a burnt coat.
He joined the spoken Class.
I have read sent message.
She bought a broken window.
He bought a painted frame.
ऊपर में जितनी सारे Red वाले Words हैं, वे सारे Participle हैं।
There are 3 kinds of participle.
The Verb form ending with ( ing ) and used as adjective is called Present Participle.
Verb का वह रुप जो ( ing ) से खत्म हो और Adjective की तरह इस्तेमाल हो उसे Present Participle कहते हैं।
I saw dancing girl.
I found a burning train.
He brought a rolling chair
The word form ending with ( d, ed, en, n, t ) and used as Adjective is called Past Participle.
Verb का वह रुप जो ( d, ed, en, n, t ) से खत्म हो और Adjective की तरह इस्तेमाल हो उसे Past Participle कहते हैं।
I joined the spoken class.
He saw the burnt train.
I saw the risen Sun.
The 3rd form of Verb used with (Having) is called Perfect Participle.
Verb का 3rd Form जब Having के साथ प्रयोग हो तो उसे Perfect Participle कहते हैं।
जाकर – Having gone.
खाकर – Having eaten.
लिखकर – Having written.
पढ़कर – Having read.
पहनकर – Having worn.
Examples || Perfect Participle
लंदन जाकर मैंने कपड़े खरीदे।
Having gone to London I bought clothes.
घर जाकर मैंने चाय पिया।
Having gone to house, I took tea.
घर जाकर मैंने खाना खाया।
Having gone to house, I ate food.
Common Error || Based on Verb for SSC || CGL
Verb Common Error | Part – A
1. I asked had she any letters for me.
2. I asked if had they taken their food.
3. He asked that what was my name
4. He enquired that where was the office.
5. John said can he go home.
6. Peter told whether I had finished my work.
7. He said that his father died last year
8. I could not meet him because he went out before I arrived.
9. He got angry even before I said a word.
10. If I will do this, I will be wrong.
11. When I will go to New York, I will meet him.
12. If I would have done this, I would have been wrong.
13. If you would have worked hard, you would have succeeded.
14. If you asked him, he would have helped.
15. He has left smoking.
16. He left playing.
17. He had to leave his rights.
18. She went to England to know English.
19. She went to England to know english.
20. She knows to swim.
21. Charles I’s head was cut.
22. I said to him to go.
23. He said to go.
24. My foot is paining.
25. My tooth is paining.
26. When I got onto my car, I found the stereo had been stolen.
27. He got down from his bicycle.
28. He took out his shoes.
29. Take down your coat.
30. He would not hear me.
31. Suddenly I listened to a strange noise.
Verb Common Error | Part – B
By – Amar Sir
1. The students were nervous (a)/ as the exam did not begun (b)/ on time. (c)/ No error
2. The teacher was scolded the students (a)/ as none of them completed (b)/ their homework on time. (c)/ No error
3. Various species of birds (a)/can be saw during (b)/ the monsoon season in northern part of India. (c)/ No error
4. Been it a rainy day, (a)/ they had to cancel the plan (b)/ of going to picnic. (c)/ No error
5. I was got defeated (a)/ by my best friend (b)/ in the online typing speed test. (c)/ No error
6. All children are (a)/ ought to be obedient (b)/ to their parents. (c)/ No error
7. India should and must appeal (a) to all the countries to (b)/ declare Pakistan a terror state. (c)/ No error
8. Amar must attended the class (a)/ regularly else he will not to be (b)/ allowed to sit in the final examinations. (c)/ No error
9.You need not to worry (a)/ about the exam fees (b)/ as I have already paid it. (c)/ No error
10. Mukul has (a)/ and will always (b)/ be my friend. (c)/ No error
11. Three people were arrested (a)/ by the police but (b)/ one released. (c)/ No error
12. Yesterday I founded (a)/ that my friend stole (b)/ the money from my purse. (c)/ No error
13. In many Asian countries, people are (a)/ hung till death in public (b)/ areas in order to spread fear. (c)/ No error
14. Vikas lost control over himself (a)/ as he had drunken too much (b)/ in the new year party. (c)/ No error
15. The police have been trying (a)/ to find out the bus which (b)/ sunken in the lake last night. (c)/ No error
16. I will remember (a)/ to post the letter (b)/to my mother. (c)/ No error
17. I will remember (a)/ posting the letter (b)/ to my mother. (c)/ No error
18. Everyone knew (a)/ that he lied about not (b)/ knowing to drive a motorcycle. (c)/ No Error
19. The kids started to weep (a)/ loudly as they watched (b)/ their parents go. (c)/ No error
20. Everyone enjoyed Sneha’s company (a)/ as she made (b)/ everyone to laugh on her jokes. (c)/ No error
21. I had better (a) studied than (b)/ play with my friends. (c)/ No error
22. You had better (a)/ exercise than (b)/ to run aimlessly. (c)/ No error
23. He came to watch (a)/ a movie at my house and (b)/ did nothing but sleeping all day (No error
24. Having been finished (a)/ his homework, Sonu went (b)/ to play with his friends. (c)/ No error
25. Walking on the empty (a)/ streets of the city, (b)/ a dog attacked and bit him. (c)/ No error
26. His only motive (1)/ was to finding (2)/ the truth and (3)/ follow it. (4)/ No error (5)
27. To understand (1)/ English better (2)/ a good dictionary (3)/ is necessary. (4)/ No Error (5)
28. The sudden noise (1)/ frightened the baby (2)/ and made it (3)/ to cry. (4)/ No Error. (5)
29. The teacher (1)/ has took (2)/the responsibility of (3)/ the cultural program.(4)/ No error (5)
30. We are interesting in purchasing(1)/ new washing machine since (2)/it has many features unavailable(3)/ in conventional washing machines.(4)/ No error (5)
31. Though the police have been (1)/ unable to nail the guilty, (2)/ their investigations have completely ruled out the possibility of outsiders (3)/ have killed the man and his wife. (4)/ No error (5).
32. It is not a good idea (1) / to walk in the rain (2) / but my friend is happy about (3) / walk in the rain. (4) / No Error (5)
33. The new measure taken by the (1)/ committee head is (2)/ aimed at benefit (3)/ the residents in every way. (4)/ No error (5)
34. It is unfortunate that (1)/ many people get (2)/ addicted to drink (3)/ nowadays. (4)/ No Error (5)
35. None but they (1)/ are responsible (2)/ for this act(3)/ no error
36. Many a students (1)/ participated (2)/ in the competition (3) / no error
37. Prity never (1)/ has and never will allow (2)/ her brother to join army (3)/ no error
38. So honestly she worked (1)/ that she was (2)/ promoted by her boss (3)/ no error
39. Not only will shivangi (1)/ come here but also (2)/ she will stay ( no error
40. My brother like the other members (1)/ of my family were left shelterless (2)/ as a result of flood in the city (3)/ no error
41. More than one student (1)/ has not come to (2)/ the class (3)/ no error
42. More students than (1)/ one were (2)/ absent yesterday (3)/ no error
43. Two thirds of (1)/ the books has been sold (2)/ in the very first year of its launch. (3)/ no error
44. It were the students (1)/ who wanted the teacher (2)/ to declare holiday today (3)/ no error
45. No student (1)/ and no teacher (2)/ was present (3) /no error
46. I made my (1)/ friend wrote (2)/ a letter in blue ink (3)/ no error
47. I would rather (1)/ you help (2) my sister (3)/ no error
48. I had (1)/ rather (2)/ you stayed with me (3)/ no error
49. We had better (1)/ to leave early if (2)/ we want to reach the examination hall on time (3)/ no error
50. You had better (1)/ study hard if (2)/ you want to pass the examination (3)/ no error
51. I helped (1)/ my friend solve (2)/ this puzzle (3)/ no error
52. If you scored the 99.99 percentile (1)/ in the exam, you would better (2) / the current record (3)/ which was set back in the year 2009.(4) / no error
53. I think he will not be able to (1)/ achieve greater (2)/ heights in his life(3)/ no error
54. During freedom struggle (a) / many a patriot (b) / were filled with patriotism (c) / No error (d)
55. There are a dozen (a) / of Geography books lying in the shelf of my personal library (b) / and you can use them whenever you like (c) / No error (d)
56. The number of amendments to our constitution (a) / have been very large (b) / during the last fifty years of independence (c) / No error (d)
57. Just to the North of India (a) / is the Himalayas (b) / that were once impregnable (c) / No error (d)
58. She disappeared (a) / and found dead (b) / near a well outside the village (c) / No error (d)
59. I had been (a) / to Delhi last week (b) / to visit my friends (c) / No error (d)
60. Either she or you (a) / is to blame (b) / for the mismanagement of the domestic affairs (c) / No error (d)
61. It were the children (a) / that caused a lot of problem to their parents (b) / during long bus journey (c) / No error (d)
62. He will be likely (a) / to leave for the United States (b) / last years to visit his brother (c) / No error (d)
63. The soldiers along with the commander (a) / was court-martialled (b) / for defying the orders (c) / No error (d)
64. The rest (a) / of the students is (b) / still working (c) / No error (d)
65. No one in this world (a) / can be able to do work (b) / continuously for ten hours (c) / No error (d)
66. The period of twenty-five years (a) / have passed (b) / and still he is without a job (c) / No error (d)
67. People have a right to criticise (a) / but at the same time each of them (b) / have to remember his duty also (c) No orror (d)
68. The child picked up (a) / a burned paper (b) / from the street (c) / No error (d)
69. The teacher was angry (a) / when he found that (b) / you are not there (c) / No error (d)
70. I would like you (a) / to complete this assignment (b) / before you will leave for Mumbai (c) / No error (d)
71. One of his many (a) / good traits that come to my mind (b) / was his modesty (c) / No error (d)
73. When the dentist came in (a) / my tooth was stopped aching (b) / out of fear that I might lose my tooth (c) / No error (d)
74. The chief idea of very common type of traveller (a) / is to see as many objects of interest (b)/ as he possibly could (c) / No error (d)
75. (a) Walking along the/ (b) bank of the river/ (c) the road began to rise./ (d) No error
76. (a) It is time you/ (b) decide on your next/ (c) course of action ./ (d) No error.
77. (a) As I was feeling sleepy/ (b) I asked for/ (c) a steamed cup of tea./ (d) No error.
78. (a) I remember/ (b) meet him/ (c) five years ago./(d) No error
79. (a) I have always/ (b) and will always/ (c) be faithful to you./ (d) No error.
80. (a) I am afraid/ (b) I did a mistake/ (c) in the calculation./ (d) No error.
81. (a) The lights went out/ (b) while we/ (c) took the examination./ (d) No error.
82. (a) His assistants have and/ (b) are still doing/ (c) excellent work for the organization./(d) No error
83. (a) After the teacher had told the boys/ (b) how to pronounce the word/ (c) all of them in one voice repeated the word again ./ (d) No error
85. (a) The company is not doing well./ (b) Isn’t it time you/ (c) sell off your shares in it?./ (d) No error
86. (a) He caught the boy/ (b) steal/ (c) the parcel./ (d) No error.
87. (a) I declined the invitation/ (b) not because I did not want to go,/ (c) but because I have no time./ (d) No error
88. (a) It is a known fact/ (b) that time does not return back/ (c) once it is lost./ (d) No error.
89. (a) Even after sixty years of independence/ (b) lakhs of people/ (c) do not have bed to sleep./ (d) No error.
90. (a) The dinosaurs could not/ (b) adapt to the/ (c) changing environment./ (d) No error
91. (a) The students were/ (b) looking forward to/ (c) meet the eminent scientist./ (d) No error
92. (a) The lady made the/ (b) little boy to wash/ (c) all the clothes./ (d) No error.
93. a) We must get this letter/ (b) send/ (c) as soon as possible./ (d) No error
94. His only motive (1)/ was to finding (2)/ the truth and (3)/ follow it. (4)/ No error (5)
95. The man disappeared (a)/ after he has committed (b)/ a murder in the running train (c) / No Error (d).
96. This carpenter is the most skilled (a)/ of all other carpenters (b) / in our workshop (c) / No Error (d).
97. You as well as he (a) / is expected to chalk out (b) / programme for the future (c) / No Error (d).
98. On arriving at the station, (a) / my friend’s father was there (b) / to greet us (c) / No Error (d).
99. This is the girl whom (a) I think had broken (b) the window pane with her ball (c) / No Error (d).
100. I shall have much pleasure in accepting your (a) / kind invitation (b) to dinner Tuesday Next (c) / No Error (d).
101. More than one ship was sunk (a)/ in the naval battle (b) / that followed (c) / No Error (d).
102. Physics is not a subject (a) / I am interested (b) / with (c) / No Error (d).
103. Many of these adverbs (a) / are somewhat (b) / superfluous (c) / No Error (d).
104. He walked to the bus stand (a) / with both her dogs (b) on either side of her (c) / No Error (d).