Adjective | विशेषण
Adjective-An adjective is a word which qualifies a noun or a pronoun. Examples -good, bad etc.
(वह शब्द जो किसी संज्ञा की विशेषता बताए उसे हम Adjective कहते है।)
I am an honest person.
मैं एक इमानदार आदमी हूं।
You are a good girl.
तुम एक अच्छी लड़की हो।
She has a black car.
उससे एक काली गाड़ी है।
You have a red frock.
तुम्हारे पास एक लाल फ्रॉक है।
I got the first prize.
मुझे प्रथम इनाम मिला
Amar likes an American girl.
अमर अमेरिकन लड़की पसंद करता है।
There are 10 kinds of Adjective :
1. Adjective of Quality
2. Adjective of Quantity
3. Adjective of Number
4. Demonstrative Adjective
5. Possessive Adjective
6. Distributive Adjective
7. Interrogative Adjective
8. Proper Adjective
9. Exclamatory Adjective
10. Emphatic Adjective
1. Adjective of quality:
An Adjective which describes the quality or kind of a noun or a pronoun is called adjective of quality
( वह विशेषण जो किसी संज्ञा के गुण का बोध करे उसे Adective of Quality कहते है। )
black, white, good, bad, fat
Amar is an honest man.
You have black shirt.
She is a good girl.
2. Adjective of quantity :
An Adjective which describes the quantity of a noun is called adjective of quantity.
( वह विशेषण जो किसी संज्ञा या सर्वनाम की मात्रा का बोध कराये उसे Adjective of Quantity )
I have sufficient balance.
You have eaten whole apple.
She has little knowledge.
3. Adjective of number
An Adjective which describes the number of a noun is called adjective of number.
( वह विशेषण जो किसी संज्ञा या सर्वनाम की संख्या का बोध कराये उसे Adective of Number )
one, two, first, second, third
I have five brothers.
She got the first prize.
I want single bedroom.
4. Demonstrative Adjective
An Adjective which point out a noun is called demonstrative adjective. .
( किसी संज्ञा या सर्वनाम की संकेत का बोध कराये उसे Demonstrative Adjective )
this, that, these, those
This question is Out of syllabus.
That bird is singing.
These fans are moving.
5. Possessive Adjective
An Adjective which shows relation or procession on a noun is called possessive adjective.
( वह विशेषण जो किसी संज्ञा या सर्वनाम पर अधिकार का बोध कराये उसे Possessive Adjective )
This is my house.
That is your house.
Saba is his sister.
6. Distributive Adjective
An Adjective which distribute noun or pronoun is called a distributive adjective.
.( विशेषण जो किसी संज्ञा या सर्वनाम को बॉटे उसे Distributive Adjective )
each, every, either, neither
Each girl has a chocolate.
Drink water after each meal.
Amar writes a letter every day.
Either girl is good.
Neither boy is hot.
I don’t want any advice.
7. Interrogative Adjective
The adjective which are used with nouns to question is called interrogative adjective..
( वह विशेषण जो प्रश्न पूछने के लिए प्रयोग किया जाय उसे Interrogative Adjective कहते है। )
who, which,what, whose
Which pen dou you like ?
What colour do you have?
Which song do you like ?
Whose pen is this ?
8. Proper Adjective
The adjective made from proper noun is called proper adjective..
( वह Adjective जो Proper Noun से बना हो उसे Proper Adective कहते है। )
I like Chinese food.
She likes Indian dress
I eat Italian Pizza
9. Exclamatory Adjective
What is called exclamatory adjective when it is used as an adjective in a sentence.
( जब Whatका प्रयोग Adjective की तरह हो तो उसे Exclamatory Adective कहते है। )
What a girl !
What an idea !
What a place !
10. Emphatic Adjective
An adjective which express emphasion on Noun is called an emphatic sentence.
( जब Adjective का प्रयोग Noun पर जोर डालने के लिए किया जाय तो उस Adjective को Emphatic Adjective कहते है। )
This is my own house
1. किसी भी Sentence में Double Comparative Degree का प्रयोग नही करते
1. I am more happier than you.
2. She is more hotter than me.
3. She is more prettier girl than me.
2. Adjejective के CD में हमेशा Than आयेगा और SD में The आयेगा ।
1. I am hotter than Ram
2. I am the hottest boy in the class.
3. She is smarter than me
4. She was the craziest boy.
3. कुछ Adjective का CD और SD नहीं होते है।
round, perfect, complete, marvellous excellent, ultimate, circular, empty impossible, enough, full, unique, wonderful
4. कुछ Adjective के साथ than के जगह पर to का use किया जाता है।
senior junior superior | imperiror | prefere | preferable | elder | young
I am senior to you.
She was superior to me
Amar is elder to you.
5. Little, A little, the little, few, a few, the few के प्रयोग में सावधानी बरतें
Little का अर्थ होता है (न के बराबर )
इसका Sense Negative में होता है
A Little का अर्थ होता है ( कुछ )
इसका प्रयोग Positive Sense में होता है
The Little का अर्थ होता है (जो कुछ भी)
इसका प्रयोग Sense Positive में होता है
I have few friends (मुझे थोड़े भी दोस्त नही है।)
I have a few friends ( मुझे थोड़े दोस्त है।)
I have the few friends ( मुझे दोस्त है।)
He has little hope of recovery.
He has a little hope of recovery
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.
Do not waste the little energy you have.
There is little milk in the glass.
6. Other / Another / Any other के प्रयोग में सावधानी बरतें
Other का प्रयोग दो वस्तुओं में से दूसरे के लिए होता है, लेकिन another का प्रयोग दुसरे के अर्थ में होता है।
I have two cars.
One is black and other is red.
I have two girlfriends.
One is thin and other is fat.
Amar is taller than any other boy.
I have two chairs but I want another.
Please give me another chance.
7. Any / Some के प्रयोग में सावधानी बरतें
Any का use negative और interrogative में (कुछ) के अर्थ में होता है, लेकिन some का use सिर्फ affirmative में (कुछ) के अर्थ में होता हैं।
I have some milk.
I have not any milk.
I have some books.
I have not any books.
Do you have any books?
I have not any water.
8. Late / Lately: के प्रयोग में सावधानी बरतें
Late का अर्थ होता है ( देर )
लेकिन lately का अर्थ होता है (आजकल या फिलहाल
He comes late.
He will come late.
Amar is a late comer.
The best book I have read lately is Mars
Amar has come from London lately.
Amar Sir has been feeling better latterly.
9. Hard / Harly: के प्रयोग में सावधानी बरतें
Hard का अर्थ होता है कठिन या मुश्किल, लेकिन Hardly का अर्थ मुश्किल से होता है।
1. Amar works hard.
2. These questions are hard for me.
3. Amar hardly knows her.
4.Amar hardly comes here.
5. He knocked the door hard.
6. The plate broke on the hard floor.
7. You hardly call me.
10. Near / Nearly: के प्रयोग में सावधानी बरतें
Near का अर्थ होता है (पास), लेकिन Nearly का अर्थ होता है (करीब-करीब) होता है ।
11. (Former || Late) (Last || Latter.) (Later|Latest) के प्रयोग में सावधानी बरतें
Later और Latest का use time (समय)बताने के लिए किया जाता है
लेकिन Latter और Last का प्रयोग Order(क्रम) बताने के लिए होता है।
1. Amar will call you later.
2. This is the latest news.
3. Who will the latter PM ?
4. The latter part of the movie was boring.
5. Which is the last month?
6. Jaffer was the last Mughal Emperor.
7. The latter part of the serial is bad
12. Double Adjective का use नहीं किया जाता है।
13. Ill और Sick के प्रयोग में सावधानी बरतें
14. At first और Firstly के प्रयोग में सावधानी बरतें
13. Each || Every का खास प्रयोग किया जाता है।
1. Each child received a gift.
2. Every child received a gift.
3. Amar gave each girl a bike.
4. Amar give every girl a bike.
14. Adjective के PD में हमेशा as करें का प्रयोग करते है लेकिन Negative में so + adj
1. He is as tall as Ram.
2. He is not so tall as Ram.
3. Amar is as fat as Ajit.
4. Amar is not so fat as Ajit.
15. अगर सिर्फ दो व्यक्ति / वस्तु इत्यादि के बीच में से एक का चुनाव किया जाये हो तो Comparative Degree के साथ article (the) जिसके बाद preposition (of ) का प्रयोग किया जाता हैं।
She is the best of the two sisters. (x)
2. She is the better of the two sisters.(✓)
16. अगर सभी में से एक का चुनाव किया जाये तो ‘Superlative Degree का प्रयोग preposition (of’) के साथ करते हैं।
Amar is the tallest of three brothers.
Amar is the wisest of four teachers.
अगर एक Sentence में बहुत सारे Adjective हो तो उसका Order (क्रम) निम्लिखित होता हैं।
Determiner | Opinion | Size | Shape | Age | Colour | Origin | Material | Purpose | Noun
An ugly wooden chair
The round new kitchen table.
Pick out the Error in the following.
1. He is the best of all the players.
2. Amar is more stronger than Hari
3. Goa is further from Kerala than Delhi.
4. You have much dresses.
5. He is growing strong and strong everyday
6. Let us go quiet somewhere.
7. I can’t afford that huge a house.
8. Tell me the last news.
9. I have less cars than you.
10. He wasted his all wealth.
11. The box is enough big for me.
12. I have money enough to pay
13. There are chairs enough for everybody
14. These are my favourites shoes.
15. Amar is more taller than Harry.
16. Sapna is more funnier than Sonali is.
17. The pizza today tastes more better than it did yesterday.
18. She looks more prettier than her sister.
19. You are the most perfect person I have ever seen.
20. He is one of the best players in our team.
21. That is the most impossible challenge yet.
22. Your voice is very unique.
23. He is the most complete man
24. They did not give us some money.
25. Any women came here.
26. Few persons are millionaires.
27. Any ten men were present.
28. A several men visited.
29. He has an enough money.
30. Has he had some bread?
31. Did you pick some flowers?
32. She came each two hours.
33. 15th August is a historical day.
34. You can take each side.
35. Which mobile is that?
36. What mobile do you like best?
37. She went by the train down
38. This is a chair to sit.
39. She is my older sister.
40. Give me the one pen.
41. He lost one pen he had.
42. The good old man was a simpleton.
43. This is number three lesson
44. Which is the shortest of these two routes?
45. I am senior than Amar
46. He saw two men, the one was lame and another was blind.
47. Have you read this book farther than I?
48. The man appears to have seen more happier days.
49. There are so many filths all around the place.
50. The driver tried his best to avert the accident by bringing the car to a sudden
51. The car flew off the road and fell into the valley because Amit was driving faster.
52. He is the strongest and very tall boy in the whole college.
53. In summer, days are warm than nights.
54. She got only passing marks in English.
55. Both the sister’s have not passed.
56. Some students are very coward.
57. This article was published in the last issue of the Times of India.
58. Manish has been sick for a very long time.
59. I gave a few coins I had in my pocket to the beggar.
60. Of Darbhanga, Muzaffarpur and Patna, the latest has the largest number of cars.
61. Amar Sir got centpercent marks in English.
62. The climate of Rajgir is as good as Simla
63. The whole India mourned at the death of Rajeev Gandhi.
64. Agrima is the most industrious and noblest employee of the ACE public
65. He has still few rupees with him.
66. The Hindustan has the largest circulation of another daily paper.
67. Your essay is worst than mine.
68. Of the two girls, she was certainly the most beautiful.
69. He likes these kinds of books.
70. I noticed that he had a couple of drinks too much.
71. It’s an interesting magazine with too many good ideas.
72. I’m looking forward to seeing you nearest Sunday.
73. Firstly, I could not understand the local people at all.
74. At first, I would like to introduce myself.
75. They still think that women are inferior than men.
76. The police asked for a little description of the car.
77. If there were less cars on the roads, there would be less accident.
78. In the latest decades of the twentieth century, the world has seen many
79. As a dress designer, I am very interested in the last fashions.
80. Your written statement differs in several important respects from my ve
81. This girl is intelligent than beautiful.
82. The most best Chief Minister of Bihar is Mr. Nitish Kumar.
83. Bring her any water to drink.
84. The girls were introduced to each other by a mutual friend.
85. This course of action is more preferable to the other.
86. I have finished reading a few books that I had.
87. Mr. Abhishek is the most unique boy of ACE.
88. The students of Bihar are more laborious than Jharkhand.
89. The population of China is greater than India.
90. Dukhharan Pahalwan was stronger than all.
91. My younger brother is six feet high.
92. Shyama is more beautiful than any girl in the class.
93. As sooner as you reach the port report to the desk office.
Arimo || By Amar Sir
Common Error | Adjective | ACE
1) Little that (1)/ Shivangi did (2)/ for me is unforgettable(3)/ no error
2) Little knowledge (1)/ is a (2) /dangerous thing (3)/ no error
3) There are (1) / less students (2)/ in the class today (3)/ no error
4) There are ten (1)/ students less (2)/ in the class today (3)/ no error
5) Have you brought (1)/ some gold (2)/ for Meera (3)/ no error
6) Shivangi is (1)/ cleverer than (2)/ honest (3)/ no error
7) Sakshi is the most (1)/ beautiful girl of (2)/ all others in this group. (3)/ no error
8) Mona is (1)/ more cleverer than (2)/ her sister. (3)/ no error
9) No writer in India (1)/ was so famous (2)/ as Munshi Premchand.(3)/ no error
10) Sohan is a fortunate (1)/ person whose all (2)/ efforts succeed (3)/ no error
11) Shivangi not only (1)/ came to see me (2)/ but also to take her bag.(3)/ no error
12) Not only Sohan (1)/ likes to take coffee (2)/ but also tea (3)/ no error
13) Shivangi is as beautiful,(1)/ if not (2)/ more than Meera (3) /no error
14) Sohan alone (1)/ is responsible for (2)/ his problems (3)/ no error
15) My pen is (1) / five times (2)/ cheaper than yours (3) / no error
16) Your income is (1)/ many times (2)/ higher than Sohan’s (3)/ no error
17) A dark spacious (1)/ cell has been found (2)/ in a recent discovery (3)/ no error
18. There were only two (1) / commandos but each and every (2) / commando was equal (3) / to six policemen. (4) / No Error (5)
19. She ordered (1) / certain girl to (2) / make entry into (3) / the Manager’s office. (4) / No Error (5)
20. Everybody knows that (1) / Sonu Nigam is (2) / the most unique singer (3) / of this industry. (4) / No Error (5)
21. Chennai is (1) / further from (2) / Pune than (3) / Nagpur. (4) / No Error (5)
22. You can (1) / see this channel (2) / for the last news (3) / of this week. (4) / No Error (5)
23. It is a fact that (1) / John F. Kennedy was (2) the first politician (3) / of his time. (4) / No Error (5)
24. No less than (1) / hundred audiences are sitting (2) in the hall (3) / and waiting for the final perfo mance. / No Error
25. In spite of facing (1) / much problems (2) / he did not (3) / falter from his path. (4) / No Error (5)
26. Whole the chapter (1) / of the book (2) / is full of (3) / printing errors. (4) / No Error (5)
27. This candy is (1) /preferable than (2) /that and (3) / its taste is also comparatively good. (4) / No Error (5)
28. Her mother told him (1) / that it would be more better (2) / if he would do his (3) / work himself. (4) / No Error (5)
29. This is the (1) / more difficult question (2) / 1 have ever solved (3) / within ten minutes. (4) / No Error (5)
30. All the paintings (1) / are interesting (2) / but this one is (3) / the more interesting. (4) / No Error
31. He does not have (1) / some money (2) / to buy a new (3) / printing machine. (4) / No Error (5)
32. There were (a) / no less than fifty persons (b) / present in the room (c) / No error (d)
33. Few remarks (a) / that he made were (b) / offensive to my friend (c) / No error (d)
34. It is a (a) / worth watching documentary (b) / & you must not miss it (c) / No error (d)
35. Of all the students (a) / Rita was less worried (b) / when the date for the annual examination was announced (c) / No error(d)
36. Even the most perfect person (a) / in the world is said to have erred (b) / when there was time to perform (c) / No error (d)
37. The meeting was postponed (a) / because only a few number of persons (b) / were present there (c) / No error (d)
38. In the opinion of everyone (a) / she is wiser (b)/ than beautiful (c) / No error (d)
39. The tiger is (a) / as swift as (b) / any animal (c) / No error (d)
40. He had to cut a sorry figure (a) / when he realised that he had (b) / no any many in his purse (c) / No error (d)
41. Of the three ministers (a) / which do you think (b) / is going to prove more successful (c) / No error (d)
42. Neither she is intelligent (a) / nor hard working (b) / and still she expects to secure first class (c) / No error (d)
43. I requested him (a) / to lend me few books (b) / that might help me in my studies (c) / No error (d)
44. Your essay (a) / should not exceed more than (b) / hundred words (c) / No error (d)
45. He is the tallest (a) / than anybody (b) / in the school (c) / No error (d)
46. I was surprised (a) / to see her speak (b) / with somewhat anger (c) / No error (d)
47. My brother is elder (a) / than me although (b) / he looks younger (c) / No error (d)
48. Could you (a) / give me any money (b) / to buy food? (c) / No error (d)
49. Privatisation offers the most ideal situation (a) / for consumers because private sector (b) / is very conscious of quality (c) / No error (d)
50. Little care on your part (a) / would have made you (b) / more successful than friend (c) / No error (d)
51. He is as intelligent if not more intelligent (a) /than his brother who has qualified (b) / for this post (c) / No error (d)