Each item in this section consists of a sentence with an underlined word followed by four words or group of words. Select the word or group of words that is most similar in meaning to the underlined word.
21. She got the divorce within no time.
(b) breaking down
22. He was known for his gentle disposition.
23. The harder we kick, the better the ball bounces back.
24. I plan and execute.
25. He listened to me with equanimity.
26. The whole thing was a futile exercise.
27. He was too cunning for her.
28. This decision is crucial for me.
29. The media went into a frenzy about the
30. He has been yearning to go home.
43. He was fired for negligence on duty.
(a) relieved of his job
44. Democracy is not the standardising of everyone so as to obliterate all peculiarity.
45. Divine grace is truly ineffable.
(a) that which cannot be rubbed out
(b) incapable of being understood
(c) that which is too great to be expressed in words
(d) too powerful to be defeated
46. The convocation address was very edifying.
(b) in need of editing
41. Suddenly there was a bright flash, followed by a deafening explosion.
(d) very loud
42. He showed exemplary courage during the crisis.
43. When the new teacher entered the classroom, he found the pupils restive.
(a) at rest
44. There is no dearth of talent in this country.
45. The servants retired to their quarters.
(b) went away
(c) ran away
46. The navy gave tactical support to the marines.
47. A genius tends to deviate from the routine way of thinking.
48. He was greatly debilitated by an attack of influenza.
49. His efforts at helping the poor are laudable.
50. His conduct brought him reproach from all quarters.
16. It is unwise to sever diplomatic relations with a neighbouring country over small matters.
(c) cut off
17. Bad tendencies are to be countered by good ones until all that is evil disappears.
18. The police fired indiscriminately at the crowd, killing many innocent women and children.
(b) without distinguishing
19. Businessmen who lack acumen cannot be expected to be very successful.
20. His candid opinions have won him many friends.
1. Her smile was contagious.
2. Her dynamic nature impressed everyone.
3. She was lamenting her destiny.
4. Under his leadership the company grew in an organic manner.
5. His charm lies in his oratory.
6. She is a patron of art and culture.
7. Arrogance is a hallmark of his nature.
8. She undertook a reconnaissance of the
9. My daughter is my replica.
10. The sardonic nature of her stories m stand out among the contemporary writing
11. Some people complain when they encounter a small misfortune in the course of their thoroughly happy life.
(a) run into
(b) run away
(c) run down
(d) run with
12. This world is full of miseries.
(a) indifferent love
(b) perfect happiness
(c) great suffering
(d) moderate sympathies
13. A glance at a beautiful object gives us delight.
14. It is terrible for people to die of starvation.
15. The university has constituted a grievance redressal committee to look into the matter.
16. Rakesh delivered a slanderous speech.
17. Suddenly, the sky was darkened by a gigantic bird.
19. The Arabs who are not in the cities live in the desert throughout the year, shifting from one oasis to another.
18. To abolish poverty would be to destroy the soil upon which mankind produces the virtues conducive to higher civilization
20. The various facets of life can be found reflected in a large city.
Pick out the most similar words
1. Defer स्थगित करना
2. Coarse खुरदुरा
3. Diligent मेहनती
4. Genuine ईमानदार
5. Pail बाल्टी
6. Abundant प्रचुर
7. Pity दया
8. Tedious दिलचस्प
9. Atrocity क्रूरता
10. Fortify मजबूत बनाना
11. Apex चोटी
12. Insolent बद्तमीज़
13. Elastic लचकदार
14. Bedlam गन्दा बिस्तर
15. Paradigm आदर्श
16. Peruse जाँचना, सोचना
17. Amicable विनम्र
18. Baffle घबड़ा देना
19. Abandon छोड़ देना
20. Cordial हार्दिक
21. Odious घिनौना
22. Weary थका हुआ
23. Jealous ईर्ष्यालु
24. Alms भीख
25. Animate सजीव
26. Bland नरम
27. Endorse प्रशंसा करना
28. Meticulous अवगुण ढूढ़ने वाला
29. Virtuous गुणी
30. Paucity कमी
31. Enigmatic रहस्य्पूर्ण
32. Liberty आजादी
33. Jubilant खुश
34. Cordial मैत्रीपूर्ण
35. Avert टालना
36. Candid स्पष्टवादी
37. Cease बंद करना
38. Explicit स्पष्ट
39. Diligent मेहनती
40. Accentuate सरल कर देना
41. Lousy बहुत गन्दा
42. Prospective संभावित
43. Infuriate गुस्सा करना
44. Luxuriant समृद्ध होना
45. Cantankerous झगड़ालू
46. Restrict रोक देना
47. Abundant प्रचुर
48. Frugal कंजूस
49. Diminished कम करना
50. Zenith चोटी
51. Sinuous घुमावदार
52. Conjecture अनुमान
53. Opulent धनी होना
54. Podium मंच